Monday, October 15, 2007

one look at you and I can't disguise...

I'm the first guy to shut someone down if they're talkin' smack about President Carter. He's the only US Prez of whom I am a "fan". Sorry, Taft.
Having said that, I think some of the synapses might be firing a little kooky these days. I don't blame them, they've been through a heck of a lot. I bet watching Arafat eat a salad is a jarring experience.

Anyways, I was at the dentist's office today reading Time magazine. They have a feature called 10 questions. This is where readers send in questions to ask that week's luminaries, and where I ran across this:

"Q:Did you ever envision becoming so prolific a builder of latrines?Ricardo Fernandez, Orland Park, Ill.
A: [Laughs.] Ethiopia has one of the highest incidences of blindness on earth because of trachoma, which is caused by filthy eyes."

Oh, that's a hoot!
Incidentally, Filthy Eyes was Tip O'Neill's preferred brand of scotch.

No comments: