Saturday, June 2, 2007

If you'll be my Dixie chicken I'll be your Tennessee lamb*

Wow, not alot o'posting. Sorry, still trying to get my footing in this new terrain. I would describe it as reminiscent of that old outfielder bit:
"I got it, I got it, I got it!
*plunk*
I don't got it."
The *plunk* is when I drop the baby.
Kidding!

I am trying to work out in my brain what the evolutionary advantage is for a baby to scream their fool head off. Everything else about a baby seems well designed to elicit the caring response in others of its species, but this screaming- after a certain point, the response is more: "Maybe if I leave her outside a nice wolf will come along and decide to raise her".
Again: kidding! Please don't call social services, there aren't even any wolves where I live.

The odd coyote, maybe.

But really, those "I got it!" moments sure beat all.

And then there are the feets:


*a No-Prize to the reader who can tell me why that headline for this post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Little Feat, which is not Little Feet, which would make your title make sense. YOU'VE RUINED YOUR OWN THING. I can't post here.