Friday, April 27, 2007

ultimately wrapped

I'm fully aware that my days as a cool guy, such as they were, had their last coffin-nail hammered in when we saw that little line on the pregnancy stick, but I tell you they never stop reminding you.
By "they" I mean "the people who make stuff for new parents", like the makers of The Ultimate Baby Wrap. For those of you mercifully unaware of such things, the Ultimate Baby Wrap is about 30 feet of cloth with a couple rings on it, which you wrap around yourself to form a pouch- into which you stick an infant. Fine product, from what I can tell, but one which lends its wearer the appearance of some kind of goddam kung fu yoga instructor guatemalan textile wearin' samurai ponytail havin' SNAG who wandered away from his drum circle.
I can now only console myself with the thought that I do not own a pair of khakis or anything that can be called a "polo shirt".

3 comments:

titivil said...

Reminds me of that old joke Ricky Burgess used to tell -- "What's orange and looks good on a hippy?"

titivil said...

"Fire."

Robyn said...

Oh please wear a papoose! And send me a picture...