Friday, February 22, 2008

Oh, parc

I'm trying to come up with a word that describes my feeling upon reading this list of the top 100 baby names of 2007. Let's go with "dismay". Yes.
I can try all day to convince myself it's just a coincidence that numbers 64 and 65 on the girls' list are Kate and Ashley, but I just don't think it's going to take. And then there's number 76, also on the girl's list: Nevaeh.
I don't have statistics on how many babies were born in 2007, but to get on the top 100 I would think that A WHOLE BUNCH of people must have chosen this name. In case you didn't get that, look at it again:
Nevaeh.

Yes, that's "Heaven" backwards.

Apparently, all the boys born in 2007 were named after athletes: Peyton, Nolan, Brady, etc.
At least it's better than 2003, when the number one boys name was "Seabiscuit". I may have made that up.

No comments: