Saturday, May 19, 2007

hallelujah! (shouted the atheist)

Sorry to have kept you in suspense:

Oona Sylvia Paige Grizzly was born Thursday May 17 at 10:34 PM.
6 pounds 3 ounces, 20 inches long (or tall if you point her up).

Grizzly Mom and Dad are ex -hausted and -static, and baby is great and charming the pants off everyone, and making great progress in the tit-sucking department.

Quick little anecdote:

I'm standing in the hallway at the hospital chatting with my father, and one of the hospital staff who is nearby says "are you the dad?" and I point at my father and say "He is".

Blank stare from hospital employee.

Me: "Oh, wait, you mean- I thought you meant MY- yeah, yes- I'm the dad!"
maybe you had to be there.

Pics soon, depending on the practicality of bloggery amidst chaos.

1 comment:

czeltic girl said...

Many (belated) congrats!!!